Local Artist and Community Docent, Susan Clinthorne will walk participants through the creation of expressive faces with collage, while exploring elements of design, and sharing fun faces from UMMA's collection as inspiration.
Paper -Any one or a combination of these:
- Decorative papers such as origami, wrapping, or scrapbooking papers.
- Hand decorated papers. Stamp or paint paper bag or any other paper.
- Magazine or newspaper pages.
- Any other cool paper you can come up with.
White Glue such as school glue or Elmer’s
A support (base) to glue your face onto something. Choose something firm. Any of these would work:
- Canvas panel
- Grayboard (a cereal box)
- You can use plain background or patterned.
- If you use a dark background, light faces show up best. If you use light background, dark faces show up best.
Cut a face “pattern” and deviate from there (if you want). Have fun and experiment!