UMMA's Student Engagement Council (SEC) is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a museum setting and give U-M's student body a voice at UMMA.
SEC is a group of students with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences whose goal is to expand what UMMA can be for the student body. SEC is dedicated to create a culturally inclusive community through programmatic efforts, and amplifying student voices to shape the museum.
UMMA is recruiting SEC Leadership Board members for the 2020 calendar year. Members of the Leadership Board would ideally serve in a position for at least one year and are expected to contribute 2-4 hours each week to UMMA. Meetings for the SEC take place on Fridays between 2-4 p.m.
Opportunities for the SEC Leadership Board Include:
- Developing creative, diverse, and inclusive programs which engage students with UMMA’s exhibitions and collections
- Interviewing artists and curators
- Creative oversight and contributions on UMMA’s student blog, The Annex
- Organizing installation and online exhibitions
- Contributing to UMMA’s social media (@ummamuseum) and campus presence
- and more!
Participation in the SEC Leadership Board for both the Winter and Fall semesters satisfies the Museum Studies Program internship requirement.
Want to be involved but can't commit to a leadership role? Keep an eye out for upcoming dates of open meetings everyone can join.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org