UMMA's Student Engagement Council (SEC) is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a museum setting and give U-M's student body a voice at UMMA.
SEC is a group of students with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences whose goal is to expand what UMMA can be for the campus community. SEC is dedicated to creating a culturally inclusive community through programmatic efforts, and amplifying student voices to shape the museum.
UMMA is now recruiting SEC Leadership Board members for the 2020-21 academic year. There are a limited number of spots and each SEC member will be paid a stipend each academic year. Members of the Leadership Board would ideally serve in a position for at least one year and are expected to contribute 2-4 hours each week to UMMA. Meetings for the SEC usually take palce weekly on Fridays.
Opportunities for the SEC Leadership Board Include:
- Developing creative, diverse, and inclusive programs which engage students with exhibitions and collections
- Interviewing artists and curators
- Creative oversight and contributions on UMMA's Student Blog
- Organizing installation and online exhibitions
- Contributing to social media (@ ) and campus presence
- Network with other university, student, and museum professionals through MuZoom — a collective netowrking opportunity hosted by several midwestern art museums and their Student Coucils.
- and more!
Participation in the SEC Leadership Board for both the Fall and Winter semesters satisfies the Museum Studies Program internship requirement.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
SEC Leadership Application - Now Open
Space is limited and all SEC members will be paid a stipend each academic year
The deadline to apply is Nov. 8, 2020
Get To Know The SEC
Meet the 2020 UMMA Student Engagement Council and learn more about how to get involved with the University of Michigan Museum of Art.